Saturday, October 23, 2010

Year of the huh?

I went to my neighborhood fast food Chinese restaurant/take-out joint.  I wasn't sure what I wanted, so instead of going through the drive-thru like I usually do, I went inside.  While I was waiting for my food, I noticed the wall calendar to the left of where people stand to order their food.


As I read the calendar, I noticed it was for the "Year of the Rat."  Agghh!!  Why would you put a calendar up in a RESTAURANT drawing unnecessary attention to vermin?

Then, I thought, "Shut up, dummy.  It's a cultural difference and you should embrace it instead of criticizing it." 

Then, I noticed the year on the calendar:  2008.  2008.  Nah, that's not a cultural difference, that's just dumb.  Let's leave up a two year old calendar with a big picture of a rat on it where people are ordering their food and in direct view of where people sit to eat.




No. 

Wrong. 

Just wrong.



.

4 comments:

Lorna said...

cultural differences should be embraced....old calendars, no matter whether they have rats or adorable kittens, should be shunned. Good call.

Richard Melancon said...

Next time stick to the drive through. Some knowledge is better left unknown...are you finding another Chinese place now?

se7en said...

Yummm, tasty rats... on a stick would be even better!

Not really!

And yes, it's really me! I'm back! lol

Glad to see you're doing well and still posting, sweet!

Laurie said...

Lorna, I knew you'd understand.

Richard, heck no! Delicious crab wontons trump a rat calendar.

se7en, I'm even more glad to see you back!