Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Heaven Looks Like Lafayette?


Last night, I dreamed about my dad who passed away in 2009.  It wasn't one of those dreams where it feels like a visitation.  It was just a crazy dream.  However, my mouse did stop working when I began to type this post, so who knows?

I was in the kitchen of a house I had never been in before when Tim Romero (an old classmate who wasn't even a very close friend of mine, so I don't know why he was in the dream) came in and said, "Hey, Laurie.  Your dad is in the living room."

I said, "That's weird!  I didn't think I'd be able to talk to him again so soon!"

Dad came into the kitchen and he had a small black mustache.  I asked, "Dad, what are you doing here?"

"I got tired of working all those double shifts," he said. "So, I'm living in Lafayette and have another family."

"Hmmmm," I said.  "Does mom know?"

"Sure, she knows.  She was in on it," dad said.

So, I guess heaven looks a lot like Lafayette?  With another family?  Good luck with that, dad, because I'm sure they won't be nearly as fun as we were.  Tell them your first oldest daughter says, "Hey."

4 comments:

Susan in St. Paul said...

wow! Strange dream. It will be interesting to find out if its true.

Anonymous said...

He is in Lafayette. He watches over me everyday. Love Susan

Lorna said...

I don't know Lafayette, but I'm positive your dad and his moustache are in a really good place.

Laurie said...

Very true, Lorna.

Susan, I dream some weird stuff.

Susan, that's right! Hahaha! I guess he was on a double shift with everyone talking to him here in Texas. :D