Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Crazy Day

Today was Professional Secretary Administrative Assistants Office Workers of the World United Appreciation Day. (That might not be the actual name of the official day.)

At our office each year, we are treated to 20-minute chair massages, lunch and cookies and ice cream. It's sort of like Kindergarten for us big kids. It's great.


The Massage

When I sat in the massage chair, the masseuse asked if I had any special problems she needed to be aware of. I told her that, since I've been back from vacation, my shoulders and back have been hurting.

She began the massage and asked, "When did you get back from vacation?"

I said, "Monday."

She said, "You did this to yourself in two days?!"

I love my job. I love my job.



The Missing Mouse Pad






This morning when I got to work, my Margaritaville mouse pad/shelf decoration was gone. Who would steal my damn mouse pad? Fuckers.




The Cookie



Our office administrator ordered a big chocolate chip cookie for everyone from the big-chocolate-chip-cookie place. My cell phone picture isn't very clear but the message had not one but two misspelled words: Happy Aministrators Professinals Day.

So, Happy Aministrators Professinals Day, everyone!

12 comments:

Lorna said...

yer orifice aministration prson izn't vary professinal.

Susan in St. Paul said...

Maybe the spelling on the cake was just to show the Admins there how much they appreciate them.

I suspect it was something you did on vacation, you do stuff you don't do a lot, like reaching for something above your head. I pulled one of my lats while vacationing down your way.

I can't believe someone stole your mouse pad, it couldn't be a lawyer, could it?

Mommy said...

I think the misspelling on the cake proves just how badly our educational institutions are suffering. I'm not immune to a typo here and there, but two misspelled words on the cookie cake? Someone needs to have their diploma revoked.

I bet I can guess what you did on vacay that made you so sore... you partied like it was 1999!!! (Hahaha.)

Laurie said...

Lorna - She was embarrassed about it. She whispered to me, "Let me know what you think about the cookie." I cracked up and grabbed my cell phone for a pic. :) :)

Susan - I do sort of think it's one of the guys messing with me. I will be searching his office in the near future.

Jen - ;)

Adela said...

I want to know how Susan pulled her lat.

Do they even require a diploma for cookie institutions? I think that it's pretty funny!

Laurie said...

Laura - I'm not sure about Susan's lat but the cookie was definitely unintentionally hilarious.

Susan in St. Paul said...

My lat pull- well let's just say it was one of the household accidents that happen when you aren't paying attention. I was reaching for something above me, kind of twisted and encountered more force than expected.

TexasGal said...

Cool Mouse Pad! Sorry someone swiped it. I hope it turns up.

About the cake. I had that happen to my youngest daughters B-day cake once. Her name has 5 letters AVERY, I wrote it very clearly on the order form...people need to learn to spell or at least copy better.

Adela said...

Susan, don't do that! :) Hope it feels better soon.

Laurie said...

Texas Gal - I ordered another Mouse Pad today. If it turns up missing, I'm calling CSI.

Grimm said...

I want to know how you make the most trivial things so freaking funny.

That last word about the mouse pad bandit made my day!

Laurie said...

Grimm - Aw, you make my day because I make you laugh. :)